sobota, 21 lutego 2015

Chile

I started writing this blog to motivate myself to do something with my life. And to check whether the magic happens if you quit your comfort zone. What has been happening since is ... However I put it, well, it is a kind of magic.

About two hours after I published the first post, I got an e-mail from the company at which I'd applied for an internship some time before. As I applied in the beginning of October and haven't heard much from them since (well, first I got a refusal and few weeks later asked when I could come- but since I answered that there was no contact- and it has been 3 months) I gave up the hope of it ever working out. I wanted to start in February and when it came, I was sure it was all over.

But two hours after publishing the first post, I got an e-mail asking whether I was still interested. And, as I had absolutely no other plan, I was. And as they turned out to me interested too...

I am going to Chile! Visiting South America has been a dream of mine for years. But it's always been far from what I could afford. And I've never had time. When I was planning the gap year, I thought I might go, but knowing Spanish very poorly (or rather not at all) I had very poor chances of getting a job. And then, when I started looking for internship, there it was. As it's a German company, I don't even need Spanish (though of course, I'm trying to learn it now to be able to talk to the locals). As I don't know much myself yet, I can't tell you more now... But it will follow when I get there which is... in a week.

And now, after two months of watching tv and staying in bed- I'm finally making the dream come true! And the best thing, that the only time I left my comfort zone for it was the night after the first post. Who knows what would be happening if I forced myself to do so every day?

As I've spend the last week in Munich to present and hand in my bachelor thesis (finally graduated yesterday!- though well, technically, it will take a few more weeks until I'm officialy a B.Sc.) I had literally no time for anything... Started a blog to write about the huge amounts of free time that I didn't know how to use and after a week, I don't even have the time to write the blog anymore. But I will do my best to keep it updated! Ok, of course I will keep it updated- if it brought me what's been happening over the last few weeks, I just can't forsake it now!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz